Updated: Aug 17, 2019
Tableau Public Features:
• Connectivity: TDE, Access, Excel, Text File (you can not connect Tableau Public to any of the databases)
• Distribution: Cloud (you can not save Tableau Public workbooks locally)
• Automation: Not available (you can not schedule Tableau Public reports on server)
• Security: None – (your data is accessible by anyone on the Internet. A dashboard on Tableau public will not ask for any username or password, hence we can not have user-level security on Tableau Public Server)
• Data Limit: Tableau Public has a limit of 10 million rows of data that is allowed in any single connection.
• Account Space: Each account holder will be able to save up to 10 gigabytes (GB) of content to Tableau Public